I’m sure opposing counsel would be willing to stipulate that Don Knuth is cool, but for the record, I’d like to submit the following evidence: Don Knuth is the first result when you search for “Don” on Google.
I found that yesterday via a typo accident, which got me to Googlewandering looking to see who owns other first names.
- Bob Dylan owns “Bob”, though “Bob The Builder”, Bob Marley and the Church of the Subgenius score well.
- The British National AIDS Trust owns “Nat”, though our Nat Friedman is now up to third, ahead of Nat Hentoff.
- If you’re looking for “Fred”, you’ll have to fight your way past the Federal Reserve Economic Data web site.
- It’s heartening to see that our most holy Mother of Jesus comes in ahead of cosmetics giant Mary Kay. Whatever one’s religious beliefs, that’s a sign of properly ordered priorities.
- My name seems to be owned by John Bartlett’s Quotations: I have gathered a posie of other men’s flowers, and nothing but the thread that binds them is mine own.