What I did on my spring vacation:
- Lissa and I got the backyard train running (track needed a bit of post-winter sprucing up)
- We rode the big people train to Santa Fe
- I got new glasses
- We got far more work done to the car than I expected
- Slept in some, but got up early some too
- I became more confused, not less, about the California Bay Delta Conservation Plan. (This is a good thing. Exposing and sorting out confusion leads to insight. More to follow.)
- Did a ton of birdwatching. It wasn’t exactly the plan, but the spring migration is running full throttle, and did I mention that I got new glasses? Last night at the bosque ponds near Tingley Beach, new glasses perched on the bridge of my nose, the trees were alive with black-headed grosbeaks and summer tanagers and all other manner of tweeting winged things. I even saw bats. You don’t realize how badly you need new glasses until you get them, I guess.